Sunday, May 9, 2010

CASEing Critters

Hi! Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend!

I CASE'd Sparkle's card today for The Greeting Farm's CASEing Critters contest. I have always admired Sparkle's creations so this is a great chance for me to CASE one of them! I love Sparkle's very neat, well-balanced designs.

Sparkle adds lots of stitching on her creations so CASEing her card really gave me a little push to try my new mini sewing machine. I bought this machine over half year ago and can you believe it, it was still in the original box, untouched! Anyway, the zip-zap stitches I have on this card, well, my first time. I used to use my mom's huge machine (the one with a desk top) so using this mini one sure was difficult for me! I think I need a better machine but then again, this mini one does the job (just takes longer) so why waste money, right?


Oh, I was trying to take a few good pictures of my card. I am still not completely happy with it, even though I took like 5 shots already! For some reasons, my pictures come out kind of blurry sometimes. Does anyone have any tips on taking good pictures? I love taking my pictures outdoor but I just can't be going back and forth, in and out the house just to take a couple of pictures. Besides, I take most of my pictures at night since that's when I am able to craft. But yeah, if you have some tips for me, some techniques, please let me know! Thanks!

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for CASEing me!

Crystal said...

This is one ADORABLE card Kim, WOW what a great case and love that sweet image, fabby papers too sweetie!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.....

Juls said...

awhhh this is so cute! Hugs Juls

Cyndi said...

super cute card! you cased the card very well!

HappyCrafter said...

Beautiful card, very sweet (love the image) and the photo looks good to me! My tip for photos is to find a window in the house that gets light first thing in the morning, and drape a kitchen chair/desk chair with a sheet/table cloth/large swath of fabric and then sit the card on the draped fabric facing the window and take the photo with your body wedged against the wall/window, so you get all the natural light. I try to take my pics first thing in the morning before dashing off to work....
Good luck!

Denise said...

Beautiful! How sweet this image, I love the flower.
Hugs,
Denise

coldwaters2 said...

Kim this is fabulous what an amazing design and that image is just so cute I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x