Saturday, February 27, 2010

Embossing Tips

Hi! Time for a Bee Crafty challenge! For the next two weeks, we would love to see some EMBOSSING on your creation! East peasy, huh? Well, hop over to Bee Crafty and join in the fun! But wait.....read my rambling first! LOL

Has anyone tried heat embossing a digital image? Well, I am sure some of you have and there are so many ways to do it too! Wanna know how I do it, the inexpensive way? :D

Option #1:

1. Print your image using an Inkjet printer. Ink stays wet longer with Inkjet printer as ink is sprayed onto the paper. You can use any kind of papers but better if the paper is smoother and more glossy. In other words, papers that don't not absorb ink as fast.

2. Sprinkle embossing powder onto the image. Dust off any powder you don't need or want to be embossed.

3. Melt powder with heating tool. You know, a heating tool looks like a hair dryer to me. You might want to try that instead if you don't have a heating gun. I personally never tried it so if you do try it, let me know if it works!

Remember, once you printed the image, you HAVE TO sprinkle the powder immediately. Otherwise, the image will be dry and the powder won't stick! What to do when this happens? Well, try option #2! :D

Option #2:

1. Print image using your fav printer.

2. Go over the image with Zip Emboss Writer (see pic)....like tracing the image. Work in small sections only because it dries up very fast.

3. Sprinkle embossing powder.

4. Melt with heating tool.

Easy, huh?

I don't usually heat emboss my entire image so you won't see it on my card. I did however embossed her birthday hat. I also embossed the sentiment.



I haven't played along the Diedrich Dare in a while so I decided to follow Madelynn's sketch this week. It's an easy one so there really is no reason why I can't play along! LOL I am also entering this card for I Dream of Stamping (2nd challenge: heating embossing). Please check out this new chalelnge blog, hosted by my La La Land Crafts teamies, Jane, Jana and their friend, Michelle!

Well, hope you guys like my little embossing tips! So, ready to hop over to Bee Crafty? :D Let's go!

8 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Very cool tip Kim! Thanks for sharing!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card, Kim!! Cool tips, can't wait to try them out!!

Victoria said...

I'm going to have to try this out Kim, the sentiment looks fab like that
Hugs
Victoria
x

Jana Weaver said...

Super cute card...and great tips on embossing!! Thanks for playing along with us my friend! :-D

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

Beautiful card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with our I Dream of Stamping Challenge!!!

Randi said...

So cute Kim! The sparkly ballon is beautiful! Thank for playing along with the Dare this week!

Bee said...

Great tips and a lovely card, thanks Kim :)

Stephanie J said...

Hi - just wanted to let you know that hair dryers definitely DON'T work. They blow too hard & don't blow hot enough... But if you hold a lit lighter about 2" below your image, it'll work. (Just be careful not to burn anything.) Also, not sure about in the US, but here we've got a hardware store called Canadian Tire; they often put their JobMate heat tools on sale & I'm pretty sure mine was a whopping $14 after taxes.


Oh yes, and that's a very sweet card, btw! (Now there's a big shock - you doing something awesome? Like that never happens...) I love reading your blog; you're a very inspirational woman!