Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas "Extras"

Hello! It's time for another awesome Bee Crafty challenge! For the next two weeks, our theme is "CHRISTMAS EXTRAS". Basically, the challenge is to make anything but a card. It's a perfect challenge for everyone to make those last minute gifts!

When I go to shows, I hardly try those make and takes. I usually just watch how people do it and then move on to look for something new. Well, the last time I went to the stamp show, I spent some time at Irina's make and take table. I didn't make anything but I did watch her make one of these treat boxes. I thought it was cool so I got a few of the boxes. This is super simple and such a great gift idea for a friend or co-worker.

Basically, I glued a piece of patterned paper to the box, added my image, filled with M&Ms and tied with a bow. Super super easy to make!

Well, I got to put some packages together to send off. Oh, before I run off, I got a questions for everyone. :) How many Christmas cards have you made so far? I made 35 so far! Not too bad! hehe

I shall check in with everyone soon! Hope everyone likes my project and enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely gift idea. Lovely image. Anesha

Ruthie said...

Ha ha - how many christmas cards.....well, I never send any!!! Its just so funny! I have now accepted that even if I make or buy them, write them, stick stamps on them .... I will NEVER deliver them! So now everyone knows that thye wont get one from me! Its so strange but no one seems to mind! It does take the stress out of the whole thing though!

Rx

Amy said...

What a fun project for some stocking stuffers, these are SO cute!

Crystal said...

AWWW These are soooo super cute!!!! What a GREAT gift idea Kim!!!

Bee said...

Such lovely little gifts, super use of the image and festive colours. Thanks for a great Bee Crafty DT contribution :)

Danni said...

What a great project and so cute!

Katherine said...

These are so cute and yummy M&M's hehe!

I am not making cards to send to but I am making cross stitch project for a giveaway to my friends. ;)

Maria Matter said...

these are wonderful Kim! Beautifully done!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Cami said...

Kim, these are so cute! Love how you decorated these boxes and the DPs you used are so pretty! It still takes time to color images but you whip things out so fast because you are so organized! Great little gift! Hugs, Cami

Linda said...

Hey GF! Thanks for sharing this great gift idea! 35 cards already? Oh my ... I haven't made any! I know, so bad ... heehee! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! xoxo, Linda

KanataNewf said...

What a great little project! As for Christmas cards....ummm I've lost count but I am pretty sure I am over 70 ... and need at least 30 more since I know I did 100 cards last year for my list....I'm a little behind this year!

Sheri Gilson said...

Kim, these are super adorable!! Love them!!

Irina Blount said...

Kim, these turned out GREAT!!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina