Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thinking of You

Hello, Everyone! Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend so far.

Today I share with you a very cheerful card. :D What do you think? I used one of my Tilda images from my blog friend Denise. Thanks Denise! Doesn't Tilda look happy running toward you for a big hug?

This card is very simple to make. All I did was follow the sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp and tied bows on it. Instead of adding the usual prima flowers, I decided to make my own flower, a ribbon rose. I used to do a lot of paper folding, especially flowers. But instead of the using papers, I used a ribbon. I used a yellow brad to attach the rose together, very easy to make. I also clear embossed the yellow cardstock with my butterfly stamp by Hero Arts.

Can you guess how many challenges I am entering this for? :D

1. Hero Arts: Complementary colors. I used yellow and purple this time.
2. Sunday Sketch and Stamp: the sketch by Arianne
3. Pile It On: The color purple
4. Charisma Cardz: Any theme, any style
5. Stamp Something: Embellish something, using at least three enbellishments
6. Roses on Paper: a combined challenge and incorporate flowers. I am also entering this for the GDT call for Belles 'n Whistles, Roses On Paper's new division.
7. 2RedBananas: What do you see when you think of summer? I see flowers, butterflies, happy colors.
8. ABC Challenge: Two Tones. I only used yellow and purple, excluding the blank card and skin.


Hope everyone enjoy looking at this cheerful card! Thanks for stopping!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

ooo Kim how cute, love the yellow and purple...love those bows and your beautiful flower!!

Anonymous said...

kim,
I just love her! so sweet!!!

thanks for Playing with us!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Jeanette - said...

what a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with the 2RedBananas challenge!

SemSee said...

Great card! You've done a fab job with the sketch! And 8 challenges - WOW, I think that must be a record! LOL! Gorgeous colours, and fab image - this Tilda is one of my current faves! Thanks so much for playing along with us this fortnight at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! Good luck! Hugs, Sem x

Rosario said...

Kim I just love the card... it's just so cute. I like the colors and the bow and the flower.

Unknown said...

wow - another great card, really bright & cheery & love your flower, so clever. Thanks again for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Anonymous said...

This is fab love the ribbon flower. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Sally said...

Gorgeous sunny card. Love the folded flower. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma

Erin... said...

SOooooooooooo cute! great color combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!!!

Lisa H. said...

this is darling! love that ribbon flower, very cute! thanks for playing along!

Sunday Sketch and Stamp said...

Oh wow - great card. Your little ribbon rose is perfect!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.