Monday, July 1, 2013

Sparkle Creations Challenge #108 : Throwback Challenge + a Sponsor

Hello everyone!  Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  It was super duper hot here so we stayed cool by going to Ontario Mills on Sunday.  

Has it been two weeks since I blogged??  Time flies!  I was hoping to post a little here and there but I just couldn't find the time to craft.  

I took two weeks off to help mom with the everyday stuff while she slowly recovers from surgery.  She is doing much better these days.  

I have so much to talk about!  But first let's finish up the "business" part and then we can have fun!  lol

It's time for Sparkle Creations challenge!  We are onto challenge 108.  For the next two weeks, we have a Throwback challenge.  Basically, we are to use any Sparkle Creations stamps PRIOR to July 2013.  Yes, it's that simple!

I used Bookworm Ruby on this card.  I am so sorry about the dullness/blurriness of the picture.  It's difficult to take a good picture with my cell phone right before midnight!  Yeah, camera is still not fixed!  :(  What's taking hubby so long??!!  lol


I colored Ruby with Copic markers.  Papers are by Best Creations Inc, the A Walk in the Garden pad.  The butterfly and flower are stickers by Recollection.  Twine is by American Crafts.  The scallop lace is by Craftpon on Etsy!


Craftpon generously sent me some craft supplies for my projects.  I must say, the quality is EXCEPTIONAL!  The lace is so soft!  The price is of course so affordable too!  Three yards for only $1.49!

Craftpon carries lots of craft supplies, from buttons to lace, ribbons to washi tape!  Yes, Craftpon has a great selection of washi tape!

Craftpon has two other sister stores.  Stampcow carries wood mount stamps.  The stamps are super cute, Kawaii cute!!  Snvy carries digital clip arts and paper pads!  Who doesn't love instant download, right??

Thank you so much for your generosity, Craftpon!  

The next two weeks are going to be pretty crazy for me....deadline at work, need to take baby #1 to take an exam for school.  He, along with other kids who learnt other languages besides English first, will need to take an exam before the start of the school year.  They are classified as "English learners".  I also need to take time off to get my car back from the dealer.  Yeah, unfortunately, my less than three year old car died last week.  I was told that the steering column unit shut down.  My car didn't give me any warning!  I was attempting to leave the school after picking up my kids and the car just wouldn't start!  I ended up calling my insurance to get my car towed home first because the service dept at the dealer was close.  I couldn't just leave my car parked on the street because street sweeping the next day!  I didn't want to chance getting a ticket.  They next day, I called the dealer and they send a tow truck and towed my car.  Long story....{sigh}

On a happier note, I have a brand new niece!  My brother's wife gave birth to baby Emily last week!  

I am sorry, this is such a long post!  this is what happens when I haven't posted in like forever!  lol

Thank you so much for reading!  I do hope everyone have a great week!

2 comments:

Denice said...

What an adorable Kim, love the sentiment...and the image, of course!

You've been busy, are busy, and will be busy...hope all goes well!
:Dxx

Lynn said...

The cards on your blog are beautiful. I've looked at your past posts and I'm so impressed by your artistic talent. Your choice of colors and style of framing the images is perfection. Thank you for brightening my day!