Monday, June 3, 2013

Sparkle Creations Challenge 106: Sketch

Hello!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful start of the week!  

It has been two weeks since I blogged!  It is time for another Sparkle Creations challenge!  For the next two weeks, Sparkle has this fun sketch for us to follow!  

I used Cocktail Emily on this card.  I colored Emily with Copic markers.  Papers are by Basic Grey, Origins.  It is an older line.  Sentiment is by Papertrey Ink.  Flower embellishment is by Recollection.


My mom was discharged from the hospital last week.  The cut from the surgery is still open so mom has a long road to recovery.  She is still in a lot of pain and is pretty much limited.  Everyone (sisters, brother, brother in laws) is helping mom whenever we have time.  It seems to me mom is pretty pessimistic about her illness though.  What or how can we help her think more positively?  

We did try to add some laughter in mom's house by having a baby shower for my sister in law. She is due in July and she is expecting a girl!  My brother already has a name for his daughter!  Emily!  :)

Here is a little dress I crocheted for her.


I love how this little dress came out!  I bought the pattern from Etsy.  It is very easy to follow. I used only one skein of baby yarn.  I am working on a bigger one for my daughter.  I'll have her model once I am done with it. :)

I know I haven't been blogging regularly.  I'll really have to try harder to blog more often.  Thank you so much for staying with me!  



5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Beautiful card and dress!!

Denice said...

This has got to be one of my favorite Sparkle images....it just makes me happy to see it!

Sorry to hear your mother isn't healing quickly. I bet the baby shower perked her up?!!

What a beautiful crocheted romper...you are a multi talented gal!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card! And love the dress! I hope your Mom's recovery will start to speed up!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Kim! Love the papers and color combo!

Leanne said...

Pretty card!! I love that sketch will have to remember it. Love the colors and all your details.
Aww, hope she's feeling and healing better now. I bet the baby shower perked her up. Just keep being positive, she needs that right now. Gorgeous little dress! You are so super talented Kim. I bet you could sell those on Etsy, you'd always be out of stock. hahaha!
:D
xx