Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Greeting Farm PREVIEW: Bantastic and Fairy

Hey, everyone!

I am back to fully reveal what may have been just a cloudy snippet yesterday... did you see through our little surprise or are you CLEARLY stumped?

Well, wonder no more because some of the cherished members of the TGF alum along with the Farmers are thrilled to bring you a BRAND NEW line by TGF:

CLEAR STAMPS!!!!

Before we go any further, these stamps are not replacing our rubber line. We are testing the waters to bring you some fun new designs, and most of all QUALITY stamps! To add to the fun, we also have the opportunity to bring you some RE-RELEASES, in addition to NEW releases and we are excited to get started with our first two sets!

Did you guess bows from my snippet?? Yup, bows! Hairbows!! These little fairies are a little smaller than the original rubbers. These are PERFECT size for shrink dings! Since I wanted to make some new bows for my Etsy store, I decided to make some with these cute fairies!


These bows are approximately 4 1/2 inches. Bows are made of grosgrain ribbons. Since feathers are in trend these days, I added a couple on each bows. Let me tell you, feathers are so messy to work with! They fly EVERYWHERE! LOL These bows are attached to a French barrette.

If you have never worked with shrink dings before, they are very easy to use. You can find instructions on the package. The shrink plastic I used here are clear ones. I sanded it off a little with fine sand paper and then stamped the fairies with StazOn jet black ink. I used Brilliance ink before but that smears when you try to color the image.

I colored the images with prisma color pencils and Copic and then ran them through my cuttlebug with the standard circle spellbinder die. I inked up the edges with Cat's Eye ink.

After I baked them, they are about an inch in size...perfect size! I added a layer of glossy accent to give them a glossy look.

I LOVE how these came out so I will definitely make more of these soon!







So, what do you think? Are you CLEARLY stunned or could you see RIGHT THROUGH our snippet yesterday? Anxious to try the new line? Well, be sure to leave a comment on the TGF BLOG to see who ELSE is previewing the FUN today...you'll see some familiar faces in addition to our Farmers and there's a SET OR TWO UP FOR GRABS there, too!

See you tomorrow for the official release of our first two CLEAR stamp sets, Bantastic and Fairy Princess. Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Kim~ You rock with those bows..
they are soooooo pretty and with those little fairies.... they are so precious... great colors choices on the ribbons too...
Hi5 on this project Kim!

Kate said...

So cute. I love those bows. My little girl will love them. Can't wait to purchase these stamps.

Hugs
Kate

Diamond Doll said...

Hi Kim,Gorgeous bows and the fairies are so cute.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Denice said...

These are adorable Kim!!!! I love how you shrunk the fairies even smaller! LOL!

I've tried using the Shrinky Dinks and always end up with gnarled messes....do you use an oven? I'm just wondering how you keep them so flat! If it sounds like I have Shrinky Dink envy...I do!!!!

:Dx

Amy said...

Love these cute hair bows Kim, your work is amazing! The ribbons you used with each are so fun and bright, just love them!

Pam Varnell said...

You have totally outdone yourself Kim. These are just the CUTEST hairbows. Amazing job girlie.

joni h said...

Your bows are so adorable! Wonder if I could get away with wearing it! :)
Do you have to hand cut the banners?

caligurl57 said...

These bows are wonderful. I love how different your project is and I know that any little girl would LOVE to get!!!

Leanne said...

Hi Kim!
All I can say is you rock!! These are so cute and so fun!!
TFS!