Monday, February 7, 2011

Lollipop Crafts Challenge #25

Hi! Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! I took the whole week off last week so I certainly enjoyed my long weekend! LOL It sure went by fast though! I didn't do much crafting while I was off. I got quite some rest instead. I was going to bed around 9:30-ish. I really needed that!

It has been a week since my son started pre-school. I am not sure if this is normal but it seems like my son is afraid of strangers more than ever, more so than before he started school. Also, he was fine the first couple of days but now he refuses to go! I have to keep reassuring him that I would pick him up after school. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I am really concerned. I feel like he is stressing out on it. He shouldn't be at this early age, right? Yes, I am stressing out! LOL On top of it all, my mother in law is not helping much. I take him to school and here she is telling me that it's okay for him not to go if he doesn't want to....in front of him! {sigh}

This another fun challenge at Lollipop Crafts! My awesome friend, co-owner of Lollipop Crafts, Kris is our hostess this week. This week's theme? ANYTHING BUT A CARD! This is such a perfect challenge for me now since I do need to crack up some items for Valentine's Day! Our sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs and this cool sentiment is perfect for little treat bags or boxes.

I have always wanted to make a candy purse (I think this is what you call it) so I used one my recycled purse and reduced to 4.5x3.5x2. Yes, I did the template manually so I can have it on file for later use. It uses up a whole 12x12 sheet of paper.

Cardstock is by Bazill. Patterned paper is by Bo Bunny.









Our team has some amazing samples so for more inspiration, please hop over to Lollipop Crafts!
Challenges:
Sentimental Sunday: Happy Valentine's Day
Simon Says Stamps: Love Is In The Air
Card making Mama: Valentine

13 comments:

Alice said...

adorable project! thanks for sharing!!
Alice

Crystal said...

Oh WOW WOW WOW LOVE this design Kim!!! fantastic idea!

Brenda said...

this candy purse looks like it would make such a fun gift! tfs!

Zulma said...

Beautiful candy purse Kim! love the d/p, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Zulma.

Denise said...

Pretty Project! I love that sentiment!
Hugs,
Denise

Debs said...

oh Lim this is fabulous - great idea and super sentiment!
The sweeties look yummy as well lol!!
Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Cheryl said...

Adorable & clever project!

Thank you for joining our “Valentines” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Kristie W. said...

I love the purse, it's adorable!

Sorry...no advice here for your issue. I sure hope your son adjusts to preschool soon. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, I love it! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

This N That said...

EEEP! Would you ever share the template? TOO cute! Thanks so much for being our valentine at Card Makin Mamas!

Christine said...

Oh, yes, I would also love to know how to make these adorable little purses. Please let me know if you would care to share your template!!

Super cute!!

xoxo, Christine

Tracy Valure said...

Great project!!! Love it, wish I had come across it a few days ago..my kids would have loved these! Just adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays!!
Tracy V

Debbie B said...

This is adorable! I too would like your template if you decide to share. Please email it to

debbo_50@yahoo.com