Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Mania With ...ME!

Yup, I am hosting this week's challenge over at Club Anya and Friends! I was so excited when I got an email from Amy asking me to host today's challenge! It is such an honor! You all know how much I LOVE The Greeting Farm!

What's the challenge? Your mission is to ALTER A RECYCLED 3D ITEM! I love to see everyone's wonderful card creations but I love seeing 3D items even more! So for this challenge, I would love to see a recycled 3D item! Why recycle? Because I have a lot of containers, containers I have kept from stuff I bought. Sometimes I even buy things because of the pretty packaging! LOL

Think of this challenge as 'anything but a card' with something recycled. It doesn't have to be a container, such as a baby wipe tub, empty chocolate box, or a bottle that you are recycling. It can simply be a button from a shirt, a ribbon from a present... anything as long as something is recycled on your project.

I hope everyone finds some time to play along! I would love to see what you guys come up with!

First up, I have this chipboard container laying around forever so I altered into a gift card set!

I altered it with My Mind's Eyes papers along with Fleur Anya. Since there is a opening on the front, I sealed it and made it into a shaker!


Here is the whole set.

Next, I have this roasted pea can to alter.
I stamped different Anya's in Cocoa ink. No coloring needed!
Viola! A candy bouquet! I made this one for my nieces birthday last week! She LOVED it!


Alrighty, hope everyone enjoyed looking at my project and can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks a million for stopping by!

20 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning projects Kim, the colours are just amazing. Hugs Anesha

Teri said...

Such awesome projects you created with the recycles! Love all of your cards too! Amazing Kim!

donna mikasa said...

Love, love, love your "green" projects! You are so clever, Kim!

1LuvnMama said...

Clever Kim! Luv everything! Now, to find the time and energy to participate in your challenge to support you! :)

Cindy Lee said...

Oh my!! These are awesome, Kim!! You are really good at altering stuff :)

Renkata said...

What an amazing project have you done.
Well done girl!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Kimberly FANTASTIC projects sweetie...WOW WOW WOW!

kris said...

OMGosh these are FABULOUS!!! Love the altered recycables... that card holder is adorable!! Great challenge sweetie! =D

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Stunning projects, Kim!! Love the colours you have used and what a fun idea to alter the can! FABULOUS job!!

Maureen said...

Wow Kim!! These are both totally awesome! Love the card set, especially how you made the shaker on the top. And that candy bouquet is such a great idea - I definitely need to make one of those!

Mimi said...

Both ideas are so adorable! Your projects and cards are amazing! ;)

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful! What a fab idea Kim. Kim

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! Awesome project! I can't wait to start working on my project. TFS :)

Brenda said...

Love the thought of recycling something to create with! Love your projects too!

Peggie said...

What an adorable card set. Love the shaker box.

Sheri Gilson said...

OMG!! These are amazing!! Fabulous job, Kim!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

OMG! These are beyond fabulous! Both projects are just simply amazing!

Amy said...

You have mad stamping/crafting skills my friend... these all still totally amaze me everytime I look at them! :)
Thanks for giving us such a cool challenge for MM this week!

Anonymous said...

Just came from SCS's to check out your blog! Needless to say,I've become a "follower"! To sum it up,.......WOW ! :) Tracy

Islander Girl said...

I absolutely love your altered project! Love, love, love the dp you used!!!