Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Magnolia Lace Border Challenge

I am suppose to be in bed right now but here I am sharing this Tilda card I made for the Just Magnolia challenge. I haven't played along their challenges in ages! I've never tried adding a lace border around my images so this is my first time! Please do tell me what you think! Too feminine? Too much? I tried to keep it as plain, as clean, as simple as I could already. This awesome sketch is from There She Goes.

Not sure if anyone noticed but I have been adding some stitches here and there. The mini Pixie Plus sewing machine is not the greatest machine but it does the job! I mean, it is a mini machine for crafting! LOL For sewing, I am sticking with that huge one in the garage!

Okay, off to bed now. :D Have a great one, everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Patti Jo said...

That is a nice lace for your pretty Tilda card! Great papers and design and coloring of Tilda too! Well done Kim!!!

donna mikasa said...

Thanks for sharing such a cute card before you went to bed! LOL! Love the stitching on your cards--they add a nice touch!

Silvie Z said...

wow, this is so beautiful Kim! Love the lace and the choice of DP! Great job!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Tracey said...

Gorgeous!! I love this Tilda!!

Rene said...

I think it is lovely! I love how there are little hearts in the lace!

Myrna said...

It's very pretty! I like the lace with the hearts on it. Great job on your card.

Christina C. said...

What a lovely card, Kim!! I love the lace border and wonderful papers.
Great job!!

cathylynn said...

Love it. I really like the sewing touch and everything else! Now sweet dreams!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just adorable! Love the pretty lace with the hearts you used to frame your beautifully colored Tilda! A beautiful card indeed!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

super sweet Tilda Kim! wonderful design!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

I love the lace! I need to get into using lace it's very pretty.

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Kim!! Love the colors and fabulous lace trim!! Tilda is adorable!!

Candy said...

Hello Kim,
I think you have made your card perfect in every way. It is wonderfully presented. Your pretty heart lace is wonderful around this very beautifully coloured Tilda. I love the papers you have used and your sketch.
Hugs, Candy

Peggie said...

Oh so very cute.

Linda S. said...

I love the way you added your lace. Not too frilly at all, and a beautiful job on the whole card. Linda S. in NE

Jane said...

Oh this is stunning! gorgeous papers and colours and perfect colouring! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous and sweet card Kim!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

So very pretty with the lace trim. Love this feminine card, simply elegant. Hugs, Cami