Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Attempt At Dark Skin Tones

I should be in bed right now...but just have to share this card first!

Has anyone noticed my girl image cards? I never colored dark skin before! Well, this is my first attempt at it. Please tell me what you think! It took me a while to get it right! What colors do you guys use when coloring dark skin tones?

Oh, do you know over the weekend, I have the hardest time coloring my images? I didn't realize I usually use somewhat the same colors ALL the time! So you can kind of guess what happened, right? Yup, a lot of my markers are pretty much out of ink! I'll have to get a couple of refills at a time. I have been spending way too much on craft items this past year.

Anyway, this is my entry for TGF's Farm Fresh Friday and Copic Creations, which is to color blakc hair. I used all scraps on this card. Yeah, I am pretty determine to use up my scraps.

Okie dokie, off to bed for me. It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow...I mean today! LOL

11 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Fab card Kim,you've coloured her in beautifully
x

Juls said...

this is gorgeous! your colouring is great and I love the fab DP! Hugs Juls

☼ Cheryl* said...

You have done the dark skin really well, Kim! The card is beautiful :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful card! and she's perfect! Great coloring :)

Happy Tuesday!
hugs, margie

Jen Shults said...

This is really gorgeous Kim! I love the papers you've used and the slightly distressed/vintage look with the stitching.... FABULOUS!

Danni said...

Very cute and you did a fab job on the skin tone! I just tried this myself..but forgot to write down the colors I used, doh!

Unknown said...

So cute card! Great coloring :)

Crystal said...

Super cute Kim, you did awesome with the coloring girl!!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

I think you did great! Such a lovely card.

Jodi said...

Kim, I think you did a great job on her skin tones!!
She looks fabulous!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jodi said...

Thank you also for joining us at Copic Creations!!
Hugs
Jodi =)