Monday, October 19, 2009

Make a scene...

Well, I tried to with this card. Last week's challenge over at Hero Arts was to make a Holiday card with accessories and Saturday Spotlight was to make a scene...so here is my take on both! :)

I just adore all the Hero Arts' Asian girls! They are just too darn adorable! Hmmm...do I have the whole set? You bet!

I am so suck at taking good pictures. Can't you see any sparkles here? The actual card looks so much more sparkly. I need a couple of photography lessons.

I ordered a couple tubes of liquid applique and tried the white one on this card. Pretty cool stuff, I tell you. I also used sparkly fluff on this one. Messy, cool stuff, like I said before. :)

Card Details;

Stamps: Hero Arts

Paper: DCWV, Recollection

Ink: Copic, Cat's Eyes, Sakura glitter pen, Versa Magic

Embellishment: gems, ribbon

Tools/Others: Nesties, snowflake punches, stickle, sparkly fluff, liquid applique, embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by, Everyone! As always, I appreciate your comments!

11 comments:

Victoria said...

fab mix of colours and super cute image too.

Victoria
x

kris said...

fun winter scene!!1 loving those trees! great job girl... you're on a roll! hugs, kris

Cami said...

This is a very cute scenery card, Kim! You did a great job! Love your color combos and coloring! Hugs, Cami

Penny said...

I love the blue on this card.. I would never have thought of that.... it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

ACK!!! Girl, this is just as sweet as can be!! What a total GORGEOUS wintry scene!! So dang sweet and I ADORE all those sparkles!! You can NEVER have too many of those!! TEE!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight girl...I sure hope to see you again!! :) HUGS

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous winter scene!! Love all the bling!!

Darlene said...

Love the winter scene you have created!! All the dimension and added sparkle is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the weeks to come!! Really cute creation!!

Katherine said...

For sparkling effect on photos, face your design on sunlight, set your camera to shooting close-up mode and click your camera.. Make sure the flash is on, this will give the sparkling effect.. Hi Kim, this is just my idea for taking pics..

Thanks to your message and comments. Still not feeling good.
Take care.
Katherine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous Scene Kim!! I love your coloring and all the sparkle you added to these cute images!!
hugs,
Chris

Jessica G. said...

Adorable! Love those decorated trees and the yummy ribbon, too. Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight Challenge!!

Erin... said...

SO cute!!! the trees look fantastic with all that bling! Glad you could join us at Saturday Spotlight this week:)