Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tall and Thin

Hello my fellow crafters! :)

I meant to post this card this morning but I was out the house really early and didn't get home until sun down. I took a day off from work and spend most of today at the salon (close to 6 hours to be exactly). I have natural curls and I need to straighten my hair every year. It has been well over a year and half since I last did it. My hair was so fluffy that I had to put it up everyday. So today I finally got it done again and now it's super FLAT. It will take a couple of weeks before it looks natural. Anyway...

I made this card over the weekend. I don't make this card size often and since In Style's challenge was to make one, why not. I actually like it because it's different. It fits in a legal size envelope. I am very please with the color combo as well, with The Corrosive calls for. I don't make a lot of Thinking of You cards either but Stampin' Sisters in Christ's theme is just that this week so here it is! :) Next, Danni's Flutterby Wednesday, fairy/butterfly along with flowers. Okay, a couple more challenges: Artful Inkable and Creative Card Crew both ask for something sparkly.


16 comments:

Julie said...

Gorgeous - a really bright and cheery card! And so many challenges in one card - wow! Juliexx

kris said...

Wow! that's a neat one... i don't thinking i'm gutsy to do a tall n thin... maybe cause it's hard to find envelopes here... LOL... love the colors you used and the image is so sweet! btw, i just love your sprout! you definitely have my vote! so chic sassy! =D hugs, Kris

Victoria said...

great card, love the bright colours.

6 hours in the salon - I'd have been climbing the walls, must be worth it though if it lasts you a year.I have naturally horrible hair - do you think they could cure me lol!

Victoria
x

Penny said...

Woah! 6 hours! My hair is awful, it's half straight, half wavy.

But my youngest daughter has curls and I don't know really how to take care of them, her hair is always frizzing up on hot days... so I just pull it back into a ponytail. We're hoping it straightens out as she gets older... lol

Your card came out Great!

Beryl said...

It's nice to see a tall, slim card and I love the colours on this one. Great design and image.
Beryl xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Kim!! Love the long cards!! Hey, I placed my vote for Suzi!! :D

Janet said...

awwwww what a cool card! thanks for playing:)
hugs

Maylee said...

Kim, this is beautiful! Love the way you've colored her! Thanks for playing along with ISS WC!

~Maylee

Amy said...

This is the most darling card, Kim! Love the papers you chose and your coloring is fantastic! :)

Kristine said...

Hi KIM!! :) How are ya?!! Well, you've been busy creating, that's for sure. What a super CUTE card!! I love your bright fun colors and that sweet fairy!! It's fun to break out of the normal card size and try things like tall cards huh? It's been quite a while since I've made one of those.

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week!! =0)

Diane (djuseless) said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing along with CCBJ!

Donna said...

Adorable card, love the papers. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

Anonymous said...

I love how you layered with the punch.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Adorable Kim!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Kim this is soooooo pretty, thanks so much for playing with us at Think Ink Tuesday!

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty! I love that size card and don't do them often, either, but it's nice to do something different for a change. Thanks for playing the AI challenge!