Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bookmarks with Note Card Gift Set

Hi, Everyone! Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far!

It’s time for another Bee Crafty challenge! This week we would love everyone to create a bookmark! I, personally, don’t make a lot of bookmarks. It’s not that I don’t want to it’s just that a card always come to mind first. I am pretty sure some of you feel the same. So, what better chance to make one now and join in the fun at Bee Crafty!

I was having so much fun with my bookmark that I got carried away and made a gift set/project instead! I started with a bookmark and then an idea came to mind. So I made a bookmark for each letter of Mary, an acrostic name poem type of thing. This set is for my sister.

When I was done, I decided to make a card to go with it. I remembered The Next Level has an old sketch I liked a lot but never gotten a chance to follow it. So here is my card! I thought I was done with the project but then another idea came along! So here comes the bag/purse! I didn’t use a template for my purse. I made the purse according to the size of the card and went from there. The card measures 4x5.5 so the purse roughly measures 5x2x6.5. After that, I go why not make some note cards to fill it in! So voila, four matching note cards! This project is very simple to make and it doesn’t take long. I enjoyed making it a lot!

There is probably a template out there for this purse, I haven’t searched the net. I am pretty sure a lot of you know how to make it anyway. But just in case, if you would like to know how to make it, let me know and I’ll see if I can do a tutorial.

Hmmm….let me see what challenges I can fit my project into……
1. Tuesday Tagger: Bookmark














Project Details:
Image: Bee Crafty Birdy Alphabet
Papers: The Paper Company, K&Company
Ink: Copic, Memento
Enbllishments: ribbon, brads
Tools/Others: border punch, Nesties

I received this lovely award from Merrigan of Crafts by Bee, also the owner of Bee Crafty. For those of you who don't know know about Merrigan, please hop over to her blogs and check out her wonderful digital images and her awesome personal blog! She just started her personal blog not too long ago and she's on a roll with her card making! Thanks, Merrigan for thinking of me!


Okay, here is the rule. I need to tell you guys five things about myself that you don't know yet and pass then pass this award to five other bloggers. I can't think of anything to tell you guys so I am just going to pass this award on. I am asking all my followers to take this award! Please please take!!

Thanks so much for stopping!

14 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow hun, these are absolutely gorgeous!! Really stunning colours you have used and that image is just the cutest!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Juls said...

wow!!this is just incredible!! very creative!! Just love it!! gorgeous gift set!

Bee said...

Such a gorgeous project Kim, love how you've taken this so much further than a single bookmark. A really love set. Thanks for the great DT effort :)
- Bee Crafty

Beryl said...

Hi Kym. Just popped by to say 'Hello'. I've been here before but I don't think I've left a comment before - just drooled at your work. Great stuff.
Beryl xx

Teri said...

This is just superb work!! Outstanding! Thanks for playing at Tuesday Taggers!
Hugs,
Teri x

pinky said...

Just love it, so coordinated and very stunning. A lovely gift.
Pinky

Saskia said...

Beautiful project!!!

Saskia :)

Crystal said...

AWESOME this is a GREAT set!!! Wow Kim LOOOOVVVVEEEE IT GIRL!

coldwaters2 said...

Amazing, inspirational and beautiful are just a few of the words that come to mind when seeing these stunning creations. Awesome

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Love your project! Congrats on your award and thank you for passing on :)

Penny said...

This is such a great idea! Wicked cute!

Sheri Gilson said...

Hi Kim!!

This is such a fabulous project!! I love the little purse! I am so excited to join the team and be able to work with you!!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous Kimbee. Thanks for joining us on TT's this week. Emma xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous Bookmark projects thanks for joining in with TT this week xx