Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baby Kaylie

This week's challenge over at Hero Arts is re-purposed/recycled material. Instead of the use cards, I thought I would do a scrapbook layout for a change.

This is my daughter, Kaylie when she was about 2 1/2 months old. This is one of those "just because" photos. I used the scraps of fabrics from my doll clothes making a couple of years back. I have a lot of them! I didn't want to get rid of them because I was thinking I might use it one of these days. And yup, they are useful now! Plus, I tend to keep everything. You can imagine my garage. :) I simply cut a few strips of the different pattern fabric and sewed them onto pieces of cardstock and then adhered them. The word "BABY" is also a recycled item. It is from a baby shower gift bag. I have tons of those gift bags from my baby shower! They look so pretty that I didn't want to get rid of as well. The Awww stamp is by Hero Arts.

No comments: